Renderman 23| What’s new?
Pixar has released Renderman 23, adding native support for USD, support for Houdini 18 including the Solaris look-dev tool, improved interactive rendering, updated and improved APIs and development platforms, improved compositing with interactive adjustment of LPEs and AOVs and more.
- USD Hydra Rendering – Render directly to Hydra via hdPrman.
- OpenVDB Updated – New support for OpenVDB 5.2.
- VFX Reference Platform 2018 – All plugins are now updated to the new standard, including gcc6.3 and C++14.
- Shading Call Access – Path Traced SSS is now available via the Rix interfaces, so that anyone writing their own BxDF can call it.
- Artist Tools – Version 23 adds more artist-focused workflow improvements in RenderMan plugins for Autodesk Maya, Foundry Katana, and Sidefx Houdini – further extending the major upgrades to these tools in version 22.
- Stability and Power – Under the covers, the version 23 has been focused on improvements to RenderMan core technology, compiler platforms, and extensions to components that affect user experience and APIs that external developers use to provide rich custom integrations.